09 July 2013
We've been waiting for it for what feels forever. But the wait is over, it's here.
For some people, summer may mean holidays and getting away. But for the rest of us, we like to enjoy the sunshine somewhere we feel comfortable; home. Whether it's relaxing in your garden, having a BBQ, or even going to a beer garden, you expect it to be enjoyable.
- Nestle a vintage style mirror amongst the greenery on your fence to create an illusion that your garden is bigger than it actually is!
- Pick some large colourful leaves and dry them out; then laminate them and hang together with string to create decorations for your garden.
- Give old bits of furniture a lick of paint and use them to grow plants in – your old sock drawer perhaps!
- Hang different lanterns along your porch to create a boho mismatched look.
- Hang an old wine bottle from a tree and put a candle or some fairy lights inside to create a beautiful coloured glow!
- Place wicker floor lights along the lawn for the type of lighting that fits right in with your garden.